CHANGE YOUR WATER, CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
Water is the most important substance in the world
Drinking plenty of water on a daily basis is vital to our health. Water carries nutrients to cells, helps with digestion, flushes out toxins, helps prevent headache and fatigue, and can even aid in weight loss or maintenance. Our bodies are made up to 75% water, and staying well-hydrated is critical to our optimum health and survival.
HOWEVER, NOT ALL WATER IS CREATED EQUAL
Kangen Water® is Antioxidant-Rich, Healthy Water for Revitalized Cells and a Healthy Alternative to regular Tap and Bottled Water. Kangen Water®… (aka electrolyzed reduced water (ERW), or hydrogen water) begins as tap water. The Enagic® machine filters out chlorine and other impurities from the tap water, then separates the hydrogen and oxygen with a process known as electrolysis. This process adds an electron to the hydrogen creating a new molecule called diatomic molecular hydrogen gas. When this is added to your drinking water, it produces antioxidant-rich Kangen Water® Oxidant, by definition, is an oxidizing agent, while antioxidant is any substance that acts to slow or prevent the oxidation of another chemical.
In the human body, oxidative damage has been implicated in many of our modern day diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Antioxidants, on the other hand, act to tame the free radicals (or highly reactive chemicals) in the body that have potential to harm cells and cause disease.1*
In a scientific study by the National Institute of Health, it was discovered: “The consumption of hydrogen rich water for 8 weeks resulted in a 39% increase (p< 0.05) in antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD) and a 43% decrease (p< 0.05) in thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS) in urine. Further, subjects demonstrated an 8% increase in high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and a 13% decrease in total cholesterol/HDL cholesterol from baseline to 4 weeks.
What does this mean?
According to this study, those who drank hydrogen-rich water showed a substantial increase in their antioxidant enzymes and a massive decrease in acid in the urine. Further, participants showed a significant increase in HDL the “good cholesterol,” and a significant decrease in the “bad cholesterol.” ‘Electrolyzed Reduced Water’ (aka Kangen Water® or hydrogen water) has been used in hospitals in Japan for decades. And, now you can make the same alkaline, antioxidant, mineral-rich, pure, safe, and healthy drinking water right in your own home.
Dangers of Plastic Water Bottles
Top Bottled Water Risks: Are You Drinking This Toxic Rip-Off?
Bottled water risks include more than just draining your bank account. You see, those single-use bottles found in supermarkets, gas stations and gyms across the country are what I like to call “toxic rip-offs.” Why? Because you’re paying way more for a product that contains harmful compounds. Case in point: A recent German-led study found that a single bottle of bottle water contained nearly 25,000 chemicals. .
And to be clear, I’m not talking about that hard plastic, reusable water bottles know for their BPA TOXIC FREE I’m referring to the ones people use once then either recycle or toss in the garbage. It’s time we explore how expensive, unhealthy and unsustainable bottled water is, along with some very harmful side effects of the bottled water industry.
The latest? In widespread testing, a whopping 93 percent of bottled water samples tested were contaminated with tiny pieces of plastic. The study found an average of 10 total plastic particles and plastic fibers per liter; that’s twice the plastic level found in tap water.
And get this: Some of the most popular brands were contaminated — this is widespread. A small amount of the plastic fragments tested positive for industrial lubricants, but researchers say there’s evidence that at least some of the tiny plastic pieces found in the water come from the packaging itself … perhaps the caps because polypropylene plastic bits turned up in more than half the bottled water samples tested.
But the bigger issue is that plastic contamination from single-use plastics is widespread and out of control. We’ve got to end our addiction to plastic.
Now, I don’t want to discount the fact that some people are relying on bottled water to survive. For instance, families whose drinking water is contaminated from ever-more-common flooding, lead-contaminated, outdated infrastructure, fracking chemicals or pipeline spills, it’s safe to say that most Americans drinking bottled water are doing it out of convenience rather than necessity.
Ironically, natural gas is used to make many plastics, and when families’ wells become contaminated from the the dangers of fracking, they’re often forced to use bottled water to survive.
Fast Facts: Basic Bottled Water Stats
- The average American drinks about 31 gallons of bottled water a year.
- Less than 30 percent of plastic water bottles are recycled.
- Bottled water is full of hormone-disrupting chemicals. Anti-estrogens and anti-androgens are present in the majority of bottled water.
- Estrogenicity in water from plastic bottles is three times higher compared to glass.
- Contamination of bottled water results in human exposure to endocrine disruptors.
- Bottled water risks include an increased cancer risk. A recent study found 11 out of 18 bottled water sampled induced estrogenic effects in a human cancer cell line.
- People in the U.S. buy half a billion bottles of water a week, more than enough to circle the globe 5 times.
- Laboratory testing conducted by Environmental Working Group found popular bottled water brands to contain mixtures of 38 different pollutants, including bacteria, fertilizer, Tylenol and industrial chemicals, some at levels no better than tap water. Some even contain high levels of cancer-causing chlorination byproducts.
- In the United States, 24 percent of bottled water sold is either Pepsi’s Aquafina or Coke’s Dasani. Both brands are bottled, purified municipal tap water.
- Dr. Gina Solomon, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council, an environmental advocacy group, told The New York Times that “there is no reason to believe that bottled water is safer than tap water.”
*This content is strictly the opinion of Dr. Josh Axe, and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Axe nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.